This position will be responsible for overseeing and managing all of SiriusXM's official sports partnerships with leagues, brands, and organizations. This involves day to day management of the relationships with a primary focus on developing and maintaining marketing relationships with partners that includes ensuring contractual obligations are met. They will also identify and develop additional marketing opportunities with a goal of driving awareness for SiriusXM content and initiatives. Work across internal departments to project manage, execute against deliverables, and foster strong relationships with various teams. Collaborate with Programming and Marketing to develop and manage new, exciting opportunities with brands and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of contractual elements, approvals, and IP use with existing leagues and partners. (League and partners include, but are not limited to: National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, Professional Golf Association, NASCAR, ESPN, Fox, Barstool, etc.), which includes tracking and analyzing results of executions to ensure they maximize value.
- Main content marketing liaison with internal partners as it pertains to sports partnership management and approvals for content use, marketing materials, and ideating on original activations. (Internal partners include, but are not limited to: Brand Marketing, Ad Sales, Digital, CRM, Programming, etc.)
- Key stakeholder in brainstorming, pitching, and presenting sports content opportunities internally and with third party partners and brands.
- Partner with the SiriusXM digital team to develop compelling sports content opportunities to be used for various marketing purposes to be distributed in owned and third party channels.
- Evaluate and explore systems, processes, and levels of standardization to assist the team/company in achieving its goals and objectives year over year.
- Research and develop relationships with external partners to discuss new ways to partner that maximize brand awareness, and increase distribution capabilities.
- Create clear synergy and communication between various departments for large company initiatives (Free Listening, Preview Channel, Holiday, Channel Changes, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 10-15 years of experience in sports partnerships, media organizations that manage partnerships, and/or strategic content partnership roles.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience working within a sports organization or league is a big plus.
- Working on the agency side managing sports properties and partnerships a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Has strong, existing relationships within the sports marketing industry.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects at once and working closely with executive management.
- Ability to break down large amounts of information and communicate it out in a more digestible format.
- Strong skills in team leadership and collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- The ability to visualize possible synergies and partnerships in an untraditional way and take action to make them come to fruition.
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis to various events.
- Extensive knowledge of the sports industry and managing sports intellectual property.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.