We are seeking a candidate who can create, implement and promote campaigns that will engage Hispanic prospects and donors in CRS' charitable giving efforts that support the mission of CRS.
The primary responsibility of the Hispanic Development Specialist is to plan and execute community and digital campaigns for the Hispanic constituency in the U.S. The candidate will manage the production of these efforts and keep projects on deadline. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills in English and Spanish, sharp organization and multi-tasking abilities and adept at meeting deadlines. The applicant should be able to think creatively and write in an engaging style and be willing to research and try different techniques to test response/engagement. S/he will record/analyze results and monthly revenue reports.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in written and oral Spanish and possess knowledge of the U.S. Hispanic market as well as familiarity with direct response fundraising, digital marketing and/or community outreach. S/he will work within the Annual Giving team and closely with the Hispanic Engagement Unit to leverage and maximize efforts to engage Hispanic prospects and donors in CRS' fundraising efforts, with an overall goal of increasing the number of Hispanic donors over the long term.
- Research and develop strategies to engage Hispanic prospects and donors via community & digital channels, cultivate relationships and integrate giving into the donor relationship when timing is appropriate. This can include concepting and writing multi-channel campaigns or working with writers to develop as appropriate. The candidate will determine when these materials should be created in Spanish, English or be Bilingual.
- Work with other Fundraising Units, Editorial, and MarCom on the production of donor acquisition and retention campaigns, content creation (including email copy, landing pages, ad copy, video scripts and other marketing materials) and delivery/execution. Work closely with the Hispanic Marketing Manager/Web Unit and Communications Officer, Hispanic Outreach to ensure promotion on crsespanol.org and related social & traditional media channels.
- Work with the Analytics Team to develop methods to identify, track and measure Hispanic affinity and preferences, for prospecting and segmentation for targeted campaigns to different subsets of Hispanic constituents. Review reports measuring campaign effectiveness, and share analysis with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop relationships in the local Hispanic community. Attend and support events as CRS representative. Research and develop new programs for individuals and community groups who are seeking to engage and fundraise on behalf of CRS. Monitor existing programs and determine needs for Spanish language materials.
- Represent Charitable Giving in cross-divisional initiatives with other units such as Church Outreach, Advocacy and MarCom. Attend activities and events related to Hispanic prospect/donor outreach and engagement. Attend monthly Email Communications Working Group meetings.
- Serve as Charitable Giving's advisor across the agency in targeting the U.S. Hispanic market. Review materials and provide feedback during the creation of marketing and fundraising campaigns when requested. Identify ways to improve messaging to appeal and be relevant to Hispanic audiences.
- Stay informed of professional trends and issues affecting Hispanic fundraising, digital fundraising and community engagement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All Fundraising Units as well as Church Engagement, Editorial, Donor Services, Data Analytics, MarCom and Advocacy.
External: Community groups and individual donors & prospects. Vendors and consultants as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A deep understanding of the U.S. Hispanic audience and culture.
- Experience with Fundraising/Marketing concepts.
- Conceptual thinker with good writing and editing skills in both English and Spanish, and a willingness to learn techniques to write in a way that maximizes response for a Hispanic audience.
- Solid team player with strong time management skills, detail-oriented and ability to work under deadlines with grace and good humor.
- Ability to speak, write and present information clearly in English and Spanish.
- Willingness to learn about and adapt to new fundraising strategies.
- Requires minimal supervision with strong decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Eagerness to increase knowledge of fundraising and the Hispanic market as well as donor/consumer psychology.
- Knowledge of the structures and social teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Willingness to learn the depth and breadth of CRS' programs.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Hispanic marketing and/or fundraising
- Understanding of and comfort level with interacting with diverse Hispanic constituencies
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel occasionally and to work at special events, which may sporadically take place in the evenings or on weekends
Media Planning and Buying, Marketing Production-Traffic, Marketing Communications