Location: New York, NY
Oversee all publicity and communications efforts related to SiriusXM Music programming lineup, with particular focus on high-profile channels, their hosts, and recurring shows, as well as music-related events and company initiatives. This person would also assist in P.R. initiatives for other talk and entertainment related programming at SiriusXM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote key programming including channels, personalities & shows, to national print and TV media, as well as to websites and prominent bloggers.
- Develop and maintain contact with varied audiences, particularly music and entertainment-minded press outlets and TV and online news networks.
- Manage and collaborate with various departments within company to develop promotional campaigns for external audiences and stage press events and announcements.
- Place prominent stories regarding our music and entertainment programming, guests and hosts in top-line media outlets in print, TV, and on the Internet.
- Effectively manage all media planning and relations with external publicity professionals of programming partners.
- Hands-on and strategic involvement in planning and executing music events created by SiriusXM or related to our music programming.
- Manages at least one direct report.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience in public relations agency or media related company with a focus on music and/or entertainment required.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Must have proven experience in talking to and pitching stories to A-list media in print and TV, and experience working with bloggers and internet websites.
- Must have experience working on campaigns to promote consumer goods, products or personalities with national relevance.
- Ability to organize press and consumer events to promote products, people, or programming.
- Ability to manage teams of publicity professionals when necessary.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.