Location: New York, NY
Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the radio and video broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths, RF systems and video equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
- Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
- Maintains program continuity for multiple audio and video channels.
- Performs regular tests to ensure optimum performance.
- Performs routine balancing, aligning, sweeping and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals.
- Anticipates and prevents, to the extent possible, problems and outages prior to their occurrence.
- Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or related course of study.
- At least 5-7 years of experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital routers and audio recorders.
- Video Broadcasting Equipment.
- PC and Apple based A/V workstations.
- Broadcast consoles.
- Satellite receivers.
- Strong IT and networking skills and understanding of cloud based applications.
- RF based transmission equipment.
- Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.