Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of Assistant Controller.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $50,000 - $60,000.
Degree Requirement: Bachelor's in Accounting or Business is required, a Master's degree is preferred.
- 5 years of experience with fund balance accounting. Knowledge of GAAP and GASB.
- Experience preparing financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Excellent technology computer skills, including experience with computer software related to maintaining general ledger, monthly and annual closings, financial data base, financial reporting, document imaging, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing Accounts Payable.
- Experience with capital asset and depreciation accounting.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize, effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Experience with supervising staff members and collaborating with multiple departments.
- Experience in an institution of higher education.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague software.
- CPA license.
- Experience with the State of Idaho accounting system.
- Experience writing financial and administrative policies.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and presenting on-line and classroom professional development trainings.
- Maintain general ledger and GL security. Perform monthly and annual general ledger closings.
- Prepare internal financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual audited financial statements.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function.
- Record plant fund accounting, capital assets and depreciation, and State of Idaho DPW projects.
- Assist with development and communication of business policies.
- Work with external and internal auditors.
- Work with Information Technology department to manage networked hardware and software applications, departmental financial reporting and document scanning program.
- Work with Purchasing department and State of Idaho to administer the procurement card system.
- Oversee travel expense process.
- Maintain direct deposit process.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
Position will remain open until filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer. Alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or national service are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.