The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
The Facilities Program Associate provides program support for the Ringling Museum's Facilities Department which includes Custodial, Maintenance, and Grounds. Responsibilities will include:
- Enters and tracks purchase orders and processes invoices into OMNI. Assists in obtaining quotes and preparing Expenditure Request forms. Prepares all P-card information, submits to Accounting within established timeline, and tracks to make sure items/services ordered are received/completed. Tracks all expenses against budget on a spreadsheet and reconciles against Accounting’s monthly budget reports.
- Assists in entering and updating equipment and inventory in Facility Dude program. Uses a golf cart to traverse campus, when necessary.
- Provides program and administrative support to Assistant Directors in Facilities and Grounds, and staff in Facilities department. Answers department phones. Maintains department vendor and other files. Assists with payroll entry for Facilities and Grounds staff as needed.
- Monitors and tracks usage of unleaded/diesel fuel from Museum venues to determine when it’s running low and needs to be ordered. Creates annual PO for water cooler rental and weekly deliveries. Tracks Certificates of Insurance of service suppliers to ensure they maintain required worker’s comp and liability insurance. Maintains copy machine and orders repairs and supplies as needed. Maintains and orders office supplies for department. Orders staff uniforms as needed. Retrieves state certificates for boilers from online portal and submits to FSU EHS. Tracks inspections coming due and alerts Assistant Director of Facilities.
- Gathers information and prepares weekly and monthly reports required by the Deputy Director of F&A. Takes and transcribes minutes of the bi-monthly and quarterly Chiller Plant meetings. Provides backup minute taking at Board committee and task force meetings on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency and four years’ experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to four years.
Valid Florida driver's license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
Knowledge of applicable computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word), and basic computer functions.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and etiquette.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
A work sample will be administered during the interview process.
Previous experience with Facility Dude system
Previous experience with writing and transcribing meeting minutes.
Previous experience maintaining a budget.
Previous payroll experience.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater, and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up to $30,000 per year + Florida state benefits available (https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home)
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
While the primary working hours for this position are between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, the incumbent may be required to work evenings, weekends, special events, or holidays based on the needs of the Ringling.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.