Location: New York, NY
Provides department leadership and manages assigned promotional department initiatives for select SiriusXM channels including (but not limited to) initiative-based partnership management, development with promoters (Live Nation, etc) sweepstakes executions, legal coordination, event production with a concentration on SiriusXM's most active programming category of music.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages relationship with external music promoter partners (Live Nation, AEG, etc) and develops new opportunities and works with programming to determine priorities/manages execution of those programs from proposal, agreement (i.e. prize commitment letter), production and fulfillment.
- Manages assignment & oversight of relevant sweepstakes executions to coordinator based upon workload needs (Music provides the majority of executions).
- Manages & owns music promotional initiatives:
- Acts as primary liaison with content marketing and brand marketing in regards to all music initiatives.
- Meets with external partners along with content marketing to generate ideas/opportunities and ensures delivery capabilities and resources match expectations.
- Manages direct communications with partners for all promotional initiatives in regards to all Music initiatives (attaining art, approvals and managing partner relationship throughout campaign).
- Attends all relevant Music related meetings including weekly programming, content marketing, etc and acts as a liaison for promotions and events initiatives.
- Develops concepts and produces and coordinates prize commitment letters with partners when necessary within assigned category.
- Manages CRM initiatives and ticket giveaways from development to execution. Manages channel programmers to execute promotional initiatives and develops sweepstakes promoted by applicable channels.
- Manages sweepstakes production for all music sweepstakes and contests from development to execution & winner fulfillment:
- Generates ideas and ensures growth and evolution of promotional initiatives to match or exceed customer expectations via emerging capabilities researched (internal/external) that could improve efficiencies and customer experiences. Delivers weekly sweepstakes rundown, communicates sweeps for inclusion in newsletters and maps sweepstakes timing for active channels to ensure proper runways (i.e. festivals, etc).
- Primary point of contact with internal legal department for talk and entertainment and assigned sweepstakes and initiatives; manages all assigned legal related needs of the department in regards to event, sweepstakes and contesting initiatives.
- Works with legal regarding individual sweepstakes and contest rules.
- Posts initiatives/promotions in collaboration with interactive department.
- Provides liner copy to relevant programmers for channel promotions.
- Assists with production of assigned music event plans
- Manages "fishbowl" events for music including development, promotional deliverables, audience & on-site management.
- Travels and manages SiriusXM national events for all relevant talk and entertainment initiatives and as assigned including advancing logistics, set-up and execution (festivals, SiriusXM events, etc).
- Acts as a communications center regarding assigned event initiatives to brand, marketing and events teams.
- Provides follow up and feedback to Senior Director of Promotions & Events Marketing.
- Works with Senior Director to ensure productivity and efficient operations.
- Manages internal communication and ensures optimal communications on department initiatives to ensure smooth execution, including but not limited to the following:
- Provides and approves invoices via Oracle system.
- Submits department-related purchase orders.
- Manages google docs - ticket giveaways, 1099 list for AP.
- Executes check requests as needed and manages process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in promotions or related field.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to travel locally and long distances as required.
- Flexible schedule for weekend and after-hours work-related to events and promotions.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to relevant promotions and events.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.