Location: New York, NY
The Manager, Podcast Curation and Development will be responsible for research, identification and development of podcast shows, genres and formats. This will apply to both existing shows/content on the Sirius XM and Pandora platforms and external content not currently represented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Vice President, Business Affairs and Senior Director, Podcast Operations to:
- Define overall podcast content and distribution strategy on and off platform.
- Research and report on industry trends, popular genres, demographic trends, etc.
- Identify existing podcasters and networks to enter into content deals including carriage of podcasts and opportunities for development new podcasts.
- Identify new talent opportunities to develop podcasts with recommend existing Sirius XM talent to develop podcasts and work with shows and talent to develop ideas.
- Identify existing shows/content to be re-packaged as podcasts.
- Support and/or manage ad hoc projects upon request.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with creative content development preferably in a media and entertainment company.
- Prior experience with an audio entertainment and/or podcasting a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including creative writing ability.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with people at all levels.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills a must.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to see big picture and pay attention to detail and balance the two when needed.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly InDesign and Photoshop).
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and web design software services (i.e. Squarespace).
- Basic audio and video editing skills.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.