We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Major Gifts Coordinator is responsible for building and fostering communication and relationships with HRC’s most crucial financial base. The position is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the Federal Club Council Program. The position reports directly to the Director of Major Gifts and works closely with other members of the Major Gifts team.
- Serve as the primary person for all financial matters related to the Federal Club Council program:
- Ensure accurate booking of pledge revenue
- Track gifts raised toward budgeted monthly goal through the maintenance of a daily income log
- Track processing and receipt of matching gifts
- Facilitate paperwork for all major donor pledges, reallocations, income transfers and credit card credits
- Manage production and mailing of itemized tax letters
- Serve as the point person for donor database matters:
- Accurately enters pledges and payments into database
- Assist and advise with regular list pulls
- Format monthly activity reports
- Assist senior staff with development and accuracy of reporting around budget progress
- Provide support for Federal Club Council program:
- Manage regular teleconferencing for major donor committee calls and other special teleconferences
- Maintain roster of major donor committee and act as an information resource for the committee, providing meeting minutes and other information as needed
- Maintain vendor contacts for donor stewardship and team support for travel, event invitations, and other details for major donor events across the country
- Provide customer service for donors as a primary point of contact
- Oversee Federal Club Council acknowledgement process and donor recognition program
- Provide administrative support to senior staff, including scheduling meetings and travel and submitting requests for reimbursement.
- Supervise and direct major gifts intern.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- One to three years’ experience in managing customer-based projects and programs or development experience
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Google systems, and other database experience
- Proven administrative proficiency and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are necessary
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position may have some evening and weekend work
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.