Location: NY - McGraw Hill
The Director, Streaming Content Curator will be responsible for curating the SiriusXM app, managing the editorial direction of our streaming experience and consistently drawing users in through the creative packaging and presentation of audio and video content. The ideal candidate will repurpose SiriusXM's vast archives and push the latest programming across hundreds of music, sports, comedy, talk and entertainment channels in the most engaging and effective ways. This position will work collaboratively across departments and align with other subscriber touches to ensure consistency.
From big band to hair bands, football to hockey, Valentine's Day to Election Day, a broad spectrum of audiences will need to be engaged and a wide range of broader cultural events will need to be leveraged; the ideal candidate for this position will be able to seamlessly identify, execute and track a daily volume of in-app promotion opportunities. Additionally, s/he will be nimble and reactive based on what's happening in the world (breaking news, artist deaths, etc.). Previous content curation experience for established digital properties is strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define long-lead, daily, and of-the-moment programming opportunities to curate within the SiriusXM app and web player, working closely with the content and marketing teams across the company.
- Leverage internal and external data to inform and optimize curation choices.
- Serve as the central hub for all stakeholders:
- Liaise with audio programming, video, talent, marketing, and PR teams.
- Ensure consistency such that what we're promoting outside the app matches what's in the app and vice versa.
- Drive the process for sharing information about top-performing (and low-value) content across all teams to inform programming and promotional decisions on every platform (e.g. Know that an item is trending on social and elevate it within the app -- or vice versa.)
- Maintain a calendar of seasonal and timely opportunities to showcase our programming.
- Review, update and maintain our growing inventory of video to ensure it's being used effectively and opportunistically
- Manage the use of app-based video and audio content on other internal and partner digital platforms (consumer-facing web sites, etc.)
- Inform product iterations and road-map
- 5+ years experience in a digital media programming role
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including prior hands-on management of web, app, streaming, or connected devices
- Advanced data literacy
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset
Requirements and General Skills:
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management and influence cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
- Knowledge of - and passion for -- SiriusXM's programming
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- WordPress and CMS experience
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation.SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion,national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status,veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.