Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Technologist II
Come bring your ASCP Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full time CLS/ Medical Technologist II to work in our QC lab. Perform advanced manufacturing, processing, and test procedures. Interpret test results. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video:
The Men and Women Behind Our Mission
- Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor specimens, and blood products. Repeat tests where appropriate.
- Perform, review, and approve quality control on products, reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Maintain the required records and files.
- Know and ensure compliance with applicable ARCBS directives, Federal and state regulations, and local policies and procedures pertaining to blood banking and safety. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- May assume supervisory functions for QC processes.
- Perform low - high complexity manufacturing procedures.
- Assist laboratory and regional staff in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Participate in the validation of hardware, software, instrumentation, test kits, and procedures as directed. Assist with the maintenance, repair, and validation of laboratory equipment.
- Perform additional reviews of regulated documents, logs and forms as directed.
- Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records.
- May be a project lead.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
- Must be a licensed CLS
- Bachelor's degree in science with an ASCP Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) degree
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
- Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires.
- Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time.
Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights