Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As an IRL supervisor you will be Responsible for the daily operations of assigned reference laboratory,
Supervising the staff who perform and interpret serological procedures on specimens submitted for compatibility testing or problem resolution. You will act as an advisor to technologists resolving compatibility problems, providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion facilities and in supplying antigen-negative units to transfusion recipients. You will demonstrate excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and positive professional image while assuring compliance in the work area.
Must have CA CLS license
- Consult and communicate with the staff of hospitals and transfusion facilities to resolve serological problems and supply antigen-negative or special units to transfusion recipients.
- Responsible for the supervision of the laboratory staff including, but not limited to, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, provide guidance to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Assure quality and adequacy of testing, reference and consultation services are maintained.
- May perform and interpret basic and complex donor and/or patient testing procedures and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations. Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem.
- Perform, review and approve quality control on products, reagents, and equipment and validations.
- Know and oversee compliance of applicable ARCBS directives, federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to blood banking and safety. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- May manage budgetary information for the department and provide approval for reagent and supply purchases.
- Perform record review, training and competency assessments. Participate in concern and problem management.
- Provide internal and external education. Participate in external and internal inspections/audits and corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological or related field and SBB (ASCP)/equivalent required.
- Three years of high complexity blood bank testing experience required, including 1 year of management experience or training.
- Must be CA CLS
- Effective communication/interpersonal skill and excellent technical skills required.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights