Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Provide customer assistance in ordering blood and plasma derivatives and transfusion-related products and supplies. Maintain hospital inventory and return blood products within regulatory compliance. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies. Follow appropriate procedures ensuring accurate order entry and order fulfillment. Make follow-up calls if product needs cannot be met as expected. Determine most economical method of transportation for hospital shipments.
- Maintain/work with data, tools or computer programs to facilitate management and monitoring of product and service information. Rotate inventory of primary and remote facilities to ensure adequate supplies of products for the needs of customers.
- Provide customer service to clients. Proactively communicate with hospital customers to increase customer satisfaction. Maintain positive and professional communications, both internally as well as externally to provide regular product/service information and follow-up; promote teamwork.
- Investigate and resolve hospital shipment problems.
- Receive, investigate, and communicate related to customer concerns; complete customer concerns documentation accurately and timely, then forward to appropriate individual(s) to follow-up/review.
- Assist hospital personal with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customer and the patient.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Minimum one years related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Progressive experience in a dynamic, multi-task operational environment preferred. Experience in blood or pharmaceutical inventory management/hospital customer relations/logistics is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of customers and staff (paid and volunteer).
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to handle multiple priorities effectively. Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Travel: Some business travel may be required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights