The Mobile Engagement Specialist (MES) collaborates with the Mobile Engagement Team (MET) to achieve contractual scopes of work with Managed Care Organizations and other partners. The MET conducts outreach activities to locate and assess “hard-to-reach” clients before connecting them to their health plan or supportive housing services. The team employs several outreach strategies to engage highly vulnerable clients who may be initially distrustful of service providers, are “lost-to-care,” or are experiencing or at risk for homelessness.
The Mobile Engagement Specialist will conduct daily outreach activities and document all programmatic outcomes in databases and shared service logs to support weekly programmatic reports and the achievement of monthly programmatic goals. In addition, the MES will collaborate with the MET to plan and coordinate weekly field services, including scheduling, transportation logistics, shared field safety responsibilities, and proper documentation and secure transport of Protected Health Information (PHI).
The rate of pay for this position is $19.49/hour ($38,000 annually).
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Coordinate programmatic services for assigned monthly caseload of 50+ “low touch or engagement” clients
- Plan and implement weekly outreach activities/services
- Administer and complete health risk assessments with located clients within specified timeframe
- Assess client needs and connect to appropriate service team for follow-up
- Implement fieldwork activities with a focus on team safety by following all agency protocols
- Facilitate weekly MET planning meetings, set MET field schedule, and ensure MET members receive all necessary information for client location activities
- Represent CommunityLinks at meetings with MCO representatives
- Maintain proper documentation of all daily programmatic activities: contact attempts, case notes and field logs; prepare reports as needed
- Perform regular monitoring of data quality in Programmatic Databases
- Respond to internal requests for information regarding services provided
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential
- Locate assigned managed care members via various outreach strategies working with internal Mobile Engagement Team (MET)
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, World of Chocolate and others
- Maintain the highest level of security and confidentiality at all times for public health information (PHI) by following all agency protocols
- Attend in-service training and meetings as required by the CommunityLinks team and AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Six months or more of administrative, customer service, or programmatic experience
- 1 or more years’ experience using Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Access, Word)
- Valid Illinois driver license
- Fluent in Spanish or Polish
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Liberal Arts, Human Services, or related field
- 2 or more years related experience
- Completed Counseling Testing Referral Partner Notification (CTRPN) training
- Experience and/or training in motivational interviewing, harm reduction and trauma-informed care
- Knowledge of or experience working in the health care or health insurance environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail skill and able to multi-task while ensuring that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- The ability to create and run program-related reporting. This includes the ability to summarize data.
- The ability to work flexible schedules (e.g., coming in early, and/or staying late).
- Knowledge of the causes of homelessness, who it affects, and the factors (e.g., racial inequities, Socio Economic Status) that can contribute to an individual being homeless.
- The ability to engage with clients in conversation and build trust and rapport to determine their needs.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships to identify client’s/customer’s needs.
- Diversity Awareness and the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
- Strong ability to use various Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and/or other database programs in order to perform job duties such as generating basic reports using these programs.
To Apply, Please click on the link below.
$19.49/hour ($38,000 annually).