Job Title: Blood Collection Staff with CDL – Training Provided
Location: Warner Robbins, GA
Join the American Red Cross Team-Where your career is a force for good! No experience needed – we train!
Pay: Starting rate $18.01
· 401 (K) with employer match
· Excellent Health/Dental/Vision insurance
· Paid time off & holidays
· Paid Family Leave (where applicable)
· Career Advancement Opportunities
About this Role
As a Blood Collection Staff member with CDL, you’ll use your CDL license, compassion and customer service skills to assist with transporting equipment and setting up at the collection sites. After completion of our paid Phlebotomy Training program, you will also collect lifesaving blood donations from our volunteer donors and ensure they have the best experience possible. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization.
To learn more about being a part of our blood collections team, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
· Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
· Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
· Be detailed oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
· To best meet the needs of our donors and community, Blood Collection Staff members with CDLs work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
· The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Collection Staff members with CDLs describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required
· Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight travel may be required
· A current, valid driver's license with Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and good driving record is required. Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred.
· DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
· Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations
· Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions
· Basic computer skills are desirable
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or seek an exemption. You can visit https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights